NEW TRAVEL PLANS

After 8 years of stopping for health reasons, for the Covid pandemic, but also because I had lost the desire, I am thinking of starting to travel again and I am collecting information online on the following trips I would take between this year and next: - return after about 50 years to Florence, Rome and Naples - it will be a journey by train alone - tour in France of Normandy, Brittany and the Loire castles, also passing through Paris where I have been missing since 1979 - travel in Japan from Tokyo to Hiroshima alone by bus or train using the JRP or Japan Rail Pass which costs around 500 euros for 14 days and 650 for 21, expected cost around 2,500-3,000 euros of which 500 for the flight, 500 for insurance, 600 for accommodation in hostels, 600 for food, 300 for visits and miscellaneous alternatively I could join a group trip with Adventures in the World and take a three-week trip on the same Japanese itinerary but they add South Korea for an almost equal cost and I would prefer it to be in company and not bother trying to find everything myself me since the group leader takes care of it, the disadvantage is that with them there is little space for each visit, it's the classic hit and run which I don't like - Australia from Sydney to Brisbane (maybe also Melbourne), coral reef as well as lots of sea along the beaches north and south of Brisbane, the city that will host the Olympics in 2032, I discovered that between Brisbane and Melbourne there are more of 1400 km but there are low cost Jetstar flights around 80-100 euros, as well as the Sydney-Brisbane route of around 500 km which can be done by plane, train or bus with Adventures in the World Australia is very expensive, it goes from 4500 euros up for a few weeks, but they use to reach Alice Springs.Ayers Rock with 4x4 off-road vehicles along a very long and exhausting road in the Australian bush which I don't want to do to see a monolith that I have seen a hundred times on TV - the flight from Brisbane or Sydeny to Alice Springs, about 900 euros for a return trip, too much! I could combine the trip to Japan with Australia for a total of one month and cost around 6,000 euros by flying first to Tokyo, traveling across the country to Osaka and then from there flying to Sydney or Brisbane, covering the 1400 km of the Australian coast and leave from the last city, Brisbane or Sydney or Melbourne for Milan. I wanted to leave from Sydney but strangely there are three stops and 43 hours of travel between the actual flight and the long waits at the airports while from Brisbane two stops and a duration of about 30 hours. much more comfortable. The airlines I found on Skyscanner are our ITA for Milan-Tokyo costing 524 euros, China Airlines for Tokyo-Brisbane costing 511 euros and Thai for Sydney-Milan costing 687 euros total approximately 1700 euros + 500 for insurance + 1,000 for hostels for 27 days + 1400 for meals + 700 for internal transport (in Japan 500 for the JRP and around 200 for two internal flights in Australia) + 500 euros for visits and miscellaneous - total 5,800-6,000 euros which would be almost double what I spent with AnM for Japan+Korea but a week less (3 vs. 4) I think it would be better for me to opt for a Japan + Korea group trip for around 3,000 euros in company without any shocks for me Australia is too far away, expensive and in the end I would see three cities and a beautiful coast as well as the coral reef which seems to me to be very expensive to visit and which I haven't yet considered in the budget, I think another 500 euros because you go by boat and you'll get skinny . Other trips I have planned are St. Petersburg perhaps to combine with Moscow which I have already visited and the Golden Ring circuit, around 2200 euros with AnM in two weeks, then I wouldn't mind taking a low cost flight and flying to Stockholm and also visit Copenhagen next door which I don't know. I wouldn't mind even a weekend with a low cost flight to Valencia, Spain and finally Belgium of which I only know a little about Brussels but I would also like to visit Liège, Antwerp but above all Ghent or Ghent and Bruges. With a cheap flight from Milan to Brussels and then with local transport in the other cities I could get by with little and put this country in my bag too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICA TOP TEN large and medium sized cities, arcaeological sites, unique beauties

1988 MOROCCO a trip revisited by heart 25 years later